Sunday, January 12, 2014

2013....How did I afford you?

So this began last night when someone started talking about their new SouthWest credit card. I began to count how many times I flew out of Seattle last year. It was a little sad that I had to count and recount several times. I think I have a correct number but for my memories sake I am going to do a quick count of places I have gone and people I have visited. For reference I will note visitors as a H (for home) and A (for away) for when I was the visitor.

January

1A. Ah how could I ever forget my first trip of last year? January 10th I was so blessed to be able to see my sweet niece Aleithyia the day of her birth. I will say I saved for that pricey ticket ($800!!)


February


2A. In February I flew to Dallas to throw my college roommate a bridal shower. Luckily that ticket was pretty cheap (only $200)


 1H. In Febrary of last year, Keith a friend Shawn and I both went to high school with decided to come for a quick trip! So nice to see him!

March

2H. In March my oldest niece came to visit me during her spring break and birthday! I just love this smart girl! Hint: Buy tickets in Jan-Feb they are so cheap then!


3A.  At the end of March I just couldn't stay away, so I went back to Boston to see my sweet family once more!


 May 


4A. In May of 2013 we had a training meeting set up in Dallas for work. This meant I not only got to see my fun work friends but I got a free trip to see my sister and her family! Love it!

I love these girls!
My sweet sister in our badass shades

3H. My 77 year old Grandpa missed me so much he traveled all the way to Seattle just to see me and my new home!

 


June 



5A. Almost immediately after my Grandpa left I flew off to see my favorite Florida girl Andie. We were so blessed to be able to see each other. This trip was special since her Hubby Kit was deployed. The cost was cut in half as she helped me pay half because we missed each other that much!


We make the beach look good

4H. As soon as I got home one of our best friends Kyle Hicks stopped in for a whirlwind visit! 



 August 


5H. In August I was so blessed for my brother and SIL to come visit me! We were able to work with Elena's parents and they paid for their tickets to Seattle and I paid for them to fly to San Fran. (I got the good end of the stick. Her parents are great ;) ) This came to around $200.



September



6H. One of Shawn's first family  visits was in September for his Birthday! His Mom and Stepdad came to Seattle to see Shawn and enjoy a little relaxing vacation. I love when family comes to visit!




October 



6A.  A day after Shawn's parents left I flew off to Colorado to work and to see the one and only Vanessa. It was so great to have a free trip to meet her family! I miss Cam, she is such a doll!



7A. Although I never thought I would go back to Oklahoma voluntarily I decided my family needed me and I spent a week back where I grew up! It was great to spend time with friends, family, and the cows in Wetumka.  It also gave me the opportunity to throw Jenn a bachorlorette party!

My Uncle Corley the original Indian Cowboy















My Aunt cracking me up















November


7H. Ah one of my favorite visitors of the year. The time finally came and my favorite couple came to visit me! I love these two people! I cannot imagine my life without them.


8A. In November right before Jennifer's wedding my work decided we had to fly to LA for a mandatory meeting! Whew! Talk about some stress!!

We still had time for some fun!


9A. I flew straight from LA to Jennifer's wedding! I was so glad I got to make it.

It was a fairytale wedding

8H. The last weekend in November my friend Cuong (We have been friends since I started working at Samsung) came to Seattle for work and got to visit Shawn and I!

December 



9H. Finally Vanessa got a chance to come see Seattle, we had so much fun!! This girl is just a hoot!



For fun I made an estimate of the airfare I spent in 2013.....and the total is:

$2100

Hey not too bad considering all the places I saw!



Whew just writing about all my adventures has worn me out! I know I am so blessed to have so many friends that I can visit and that want to take the time to visit me! Thank you to everyone!!!


I cannot wait for 2014 adventures! Jen Yeung you're up next!! See you soon!













3 comments:

  1. Funny how you will always find a way to make it work somehow for those most important to you! I feel that way about the amount of miles we drive sometimes lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true!! I've always felt that way Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun, Briezy!! You went on a lot of trips last year and even bigger ones coming up soon! I can't wait to see you in 10 days! We're getting close to the single digits now!

    ReplyDelete